Terms & Conditions For The Secret Lot
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions for The Secret Lot, together with the general information contained on the website, form the basis of your contract with The Secret Lot.
- The properties are offered as holiday rentals subject to confirmation by the Owners.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that the descriptions of the properties and nearby facilities are as accurate as possible, the Owners do not accept any liability for any alterations or changes which are beyond their control.
- Party Leaders – The person in whose name the booking is made shall be deemed to be the Party Leader and is responsible for all members of the party adhering to these Terms and Conditions.
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total rental is required upon booking.
- The full payment of the balance should be received not less than 6 weeks before the start of the rental, together with a refundable damage/extra cleaning deposit of €150. If payment is not received by the due date, the owners have the right to give notice that the reservation is to be cancelled.
- On receipt of the final payment, the Owners will send to the Party Leader directions to the cottages and arrangements for the collection of the keys.
- The rental period starts from 4pm on the first day and the property must be vacated by 10am on the last day unless by prior arrangement.
- The booking is only for the number of people confirmed on the booking form.
- Children. The property is not suitable for children under 7 unless by prior agreement with the Owners.
- Smoking is not allowed in the cottages and pets are not permitted.
- The use of the accommodation, equipment or any amenities on site is entirely at the clients’ risk and no responsibility will be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the clients personally, their belongings or vehicles. The Owners are not insured for the theft of their clients’ belongings.
- The Party Leader agrees to ensure that all members of the party take care of the property and leave it and its contents in a clean and tidy condition.
- The clients should report immediately any loss, damage or breakage of equipment or appliances so that it can be dealt with as soon as possible.
- In the event of any complaints arising either on arrival or once occupation has commenced, these must be brought to the Owners’ attention immediately in order that they may be investigated and rectified as soon as possible.
- The Owners cannot be responsible for (a) any temporary stoppage or defect to any public service to the property (b) any loss, damage or injury from adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strike or any other events beyond the Owners’ control.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owners’ liability to the clients exceed the amount. paid by them to the Owners for the rental period.
- By paying the deposit and making a booking, clients automatically agree to adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of a cancellation of the booking, this should be made, in writing, by the Party Leader.
If such a cancellation is within 28 to 42 days before arrival a refund of the balance paid (70% of the rental) will be offered.
No refund will be made for cancellations within 28 days of arrival.
Cancellations by the Owners
If, for any reason, the Owners are obliged to cancel the Part Leader’s booking, all monies paid to date will be refunded in full. This is the limit of the Owners’ liability.
These conditions and any contract to which they apply are governed and construed in accordance with English law and are subject to jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All disputes arising from the interpretation, fulfilment or application of this contract will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.